Thursday 15 April 2010

New stuff on my blog- Philip Howe

Hello Everyone,
I have posted some new photographs from a photo shoot, basically re-doing a performance for photographing; its a poetry reading of a Charles Bukowski piece. I have also updated my about me section which I will also put in this post, check out my blog to see what I've been researching and a record of works.




My work is made up of objects and images all of which hold a composite dialogue, part of my interest is in ideas of Myth and narrative; combining the two to engage an audience and to essentially present research into real world events. My work is often overtly political; often satirically and using slapstick. Aesthetics are an important factor in my work, I associate the appearance of my work to Neo-Dada. the materials I employ are often crude; usually taken from the street, however, they are carefully selected and are subject to a process of manipulation. Re-staging historical events and drawing material from Populist cinema and literature are common forms. I consider the separate components as characters in a narrative; some speak literally, some lyrically and some subliminally. The ambition of my work is to inspire an audience into an enquiry of the subject matter; yet paradoxically it serves to fictionalise historical events and proliferate the Idea of conspiracy.


Philip-Howe-art-blog

Phil.

No comments:

Post a Comment